- Is there a risk I’ll miss the ship if I don’t book through the cruise line? No. Although the cruise lines would like you to believe that independent tours carry this risk. We are well aware of your ship’s departure time, and our tours are designed to get you back to the ship with time to spare.
- What do shore excursions include? Shore excursions include transportation according to the itinerary, meals, refreshments, guides, and entrance fees as indicated in the individual tour descriptions.
- What should I wear? While the specific recommended attire is described in the individual tour descriptions, travelers should always wear comfortable shoes and use sunscreen, a sun hat and sunglasses in locations with ample sun. Remember to bring with you Identity Card.
- How much physical activity is involved in the tours? The level of activity varies by tour. In order to help you understand the level of activity involved in each tour, we have created the following three categories:
EASY physical activity: Only light walking and no major climbing required.
MODERATE physical activity: A fair amount of walking is required, You may need to negotiate a few steps;
DIFFICULT physical activity: A large amount of walking is required. You should be in good physical health if you reserve one of these tours.
Where do I go to start my tour? AT TERMINAL CRUISE SHUTTLE BUS Largo della Pace snc, Civitavecchia. It is the meeting point and last stop of the port free shuttle bus (that picks up you from the boat). From the shuttle-bus drop off area you have to exit from the port and we wait for you just outside of the exit holding a sign with your name on it at 08.45 AM”.
- Are there plenty of public conveniences (restrooms) along the way?Your guides will indicate all available restrooms throughout the tour and give you plenty of time to use them.
- Am I expected to tip the Guide/Driver?
Extending a gratuity to your guide or driver is strictly optional but greatly appreciated by those guiding you through your tour. A commonly accepted guideline is $ 10.00 USD per person for a full-day tour.